Are you a Biomedical Scientist?
Are you HCPC registered?
Are you looking to start a new and exciting position?
Biomedical Scientist - Experience within a laboratory setting required
Our client is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Biomedical Scientist to fill a permanent or long term free lance role in multiple locations across the UK. The ideal candidate will have a high level of knowledge and understanding of biomedical scientist practices, a BSc Honours degree recognised by the institute for Biomedical Science (IBMS) and be registered with the HCPC.
This role is currently made up in shifts consisting of 4 days on 4 days off within 1 month of night shifts in rotation.
Working as a Biomedical Scientist means assisting the laboratory shift manager and being accountable to the Operational manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all laboratory quality assurance protocols are being followed, the interpretation and authorisation of results, troubleshooting of the assays and the validation and authorisation of results. Other duties may include but are not limited to:
- Providing technical expertise
- Supervise other laboratory staff
- Create and review technical documents and SOPS using the laboratory QMS
- Pursue a programme of continuous professional development in accordance with any relevant professional registration
- Minimum 1 year experience in a diagnostic laboratory
- Familiarity with laboratory quality management and information management systems
- experience of maintaining documents and procedures within laboratory accreditation specifications
- Experience of using liquid handling robots (Desired)
- Experience of Viral RNA testing using PCR methodology (Desired)
The successful Biomedical Scientist will need to possess personal attributes such as attention to detail, strong communication and team-working skills, organisation skills and the ability to work independently.