The role involves working closely with clinicians to provide integrated packages of psychological therapies and employment support to people with common mental health problems who are struggling at work, off sick from work or looking to find work. The Employment Advisor is responsible for coordinating the integrated package of care to ensure that therapy and employment support are provided to support the individual to improve their employment position.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Evidence of further study or work experience in vocational training, careers advice, job retention and/or presenteeism
- Experience of providing vocational/employment support
- Experience of working towards performance targets
- Knowledge of employment and disability related benefits
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of supporting people with Mental Health conditions into vocational/employment activities
- Understanding of the employment needs barriers and difficulties faced by people with Mental Health conditions
- Knowledge of evidence-based interventions to support people with common Mental Health conditions remain in, return to & gain work
- Working knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of employment law and the Equality Act 2010.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to assess individual strengths in relation to employment and to tailor support activities as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team and foster good working relationships
- Organisational skills and ability to prioritise and plan own caseload
- Ability to negotiate with employers on behalf of participants
- Ability to be flexible, open and creative in problem solving.