Purpose of the role
To undertake a general multidisciplined assessment (by telephone or face to face) to consider clinical, personal and occupational or social risk factors and the impact of these on their condition or on their ability to work. The exception to this is when undertaking Health Surveillance where the main purpose is to undertake the assessment associated with the compliance standard e.g. audiometry if exposed to noise above the recommended exposure levels (DbA or time). If time allows then a multidisciplinary To provide advice and recommendations to address the presenting problem/s and solutions to address any underlying issues where appropriate.
Ideal Requirement Qualified: physiotherapist, osteopath, corrective exercise, postural realignment, kinesiologist, professional, counsellor, CBT practitioner, nutritionist, physiologist, sports and exercise professional, nurse or other appropriately qualified professional.
Standards Knowledge and understanding of:
1. General Occupational Health and Legal principles.
2. Clinical and non-clinical care pathways
3. The fundamentals of the healthcare rm functional health practices and how to use motivational interviewing and feedback or similar whether undertaking a telephone or face to face assessment.
4. How to assess an individual using a multidisciplinary approach and recognizing personal limitations in this regard e.g. detailed nutritional knowledge if a physiologist
5. DPA & ICO rules and guidelines relating to customers (see notes)
6. How to effectively manage an integrated health approach to the prevention and management of workplace ill health/injury.
7. How to integrate with other onsite suppliers e.g. any broader Health and Wellbeing provision