The Health Practitioner will offer advice and guidance to participants either in a group setting or on an individual basis with regard to their health condition and empowering individuals to manage their health more independently and to assist them in the process to find suitable, lasting employment.
- Deliver lifestyle, health specific and psycho-educational workshops activities tackling general lifestyle and wellbeing, including improving activity levels, healthy eating, alcohol and smoking awareness, improving sleep, low level mood and stress management as well as building confidence, assertiveness and motivational strategies
- Where appropriate conduct 1:1 appointments with participants to assist in improving their general health and life chances including contributing to a participant focused progression plan;
- Produce tailored health plans for participants focusing on improving their health and moving them closer to work
- Provide return to work guidance and offer in work support where required
- Deliver physical health based classes such as walking groups, relaxation classes, circuit training or pilates (all training is given for these activities)
- Be responsible for ensuring participants are able to access appropriate self-help material related to the above areas
- Refer participants to appropriate specialist services, agencies and organisations within the local Ingeus Social Prescription network, or via local statutory services
- Work with others in the Health team to build relationships with external organisations such as the NHS and other specialist providers of health, disability &/or wellbeing related services
- Be involved in the planning and set up of workshops and group activities and play an active role in assisting with the development of health and wellbeing services internally
- Generate health and wellbeing referrals and ensure continued engagement with Keyworkers
Qualifications & Experience:
- You will be a qualified Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Psychologist, Mental Health or Occupational Health Nurse registered with the HCPC/NMC ideally with experience of working in Mental Health, Vocational Rehabilitation, Condition Management, MSK, Pain Management or Occupational Health.