Opportunity for a neuromonitoring specialist, mainly working around London, but potentially at different sites on occasion around the U.K. The candidate should be confident, enthusiastic and an excellent communicator. The role will require someone with experience in Intra-operative Neurophysiological Monitoring. Applicants may will be subject to a 6-month training/probation period.
Between £30,000-£60,000 dependant on experience.
- Have/Develop an in-depth knowledge of intra-operative neurophysiology
- Independently monitor complex spinal/neurosurgical procedures
- Have/Develop an understanding of neurodiagnostic equipment
- Communicate and build strong relationships with consultant surgeons as well as consultant anaesthetists and all other members of the surgical team
- The role will involve working in a number of different hospitals, both NHS and Private, so the desire for a varied role is essential.
- BSc in Bioscience’s, e.g. Neuroscience/Cellular Biology/Physiology (Physiotherapy and Nursing Qualifications will also be considered if you have IOM experience)
- Extensive intra-operative neuromonitoring experience
- MSc or higher level qualification in Bioscience’s, e.g. Neuroscience/Cellular Biology/Physiology
- Intra-Operative Neuromonitoring/Spinal Cord Monitoring Experience
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Attendance of professional meeting/seminars and participation in research opportunities
- Willingness to maintain high levels of knowledge by attendance of professional meetings and keeping up to date with scientific literature
- Capability to work with composure in a sometimes stressful environment
- Adaptable to change in work schedule including delay’s and last minute changes
- When competent, work highly independently without daily supervision
- Access to a vehicle is beneficial
Disclosure and Barring Service Check This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
HEP B Vaccinations This post will require the candidate to have either been immunised to Hepatitis B or be willing to receive immunisation
Only Applicants with fully independant IONM experience please. Without this your application will be rejected. Thank you.