Mental Health Practitioner
Work as a key part in a multi-disciplinary team with a biopsychosocial approach delivering evidence-based health and employment focussed interventions
The post holder will take a holistic approach to long-term health condition management and work closely with employment specialists, employee and health services to help people improve lives.
- Providing face to face and telephone based interventions to participants.
- Delivering workshops with groups of participants.
- Monitoring participants’ health and wellbeing in individual and group work, reporting any significant changes which may impact positively or negatively on a participant’s recovery and return to work to the employment specialists.
- Producing tailored health action plans for each participant referred, focusing on improving their health and moving them closer to work.
- Offering advice and guidance to participants with regard to their health conditions and empowering individuals to manage their health more independently and effectively.
- Providing return to work guidance and offer in-work support as required, liaising with employers when appropriate to do so.
- Delivering lifestyle, health specific, and psycho-educational workshops.
- Ensuring participants are able to access appropriate self-help material.
- Referring participants to specialist services, agencies and organisations where appropriate.
- Providing upskilling or training to operational staff to continually improve the service offer to participants and operational performance.
- Flexibility in travelling to other operations as well as offering in-work support.
- Working with Senior Health Practitioners and the wider health and wellbeing team to build relationships with external organisations such as the NHS and specialist providers of health and wellbeing related services.
- Participating in an annual professional development review to identify areas for ongoing personal and professional development.
- Participating in training and development opportunities provided.
- Taking ownership for your CPD and maintaining your professional registration.
To be registered as a health professional with one or more of the following regulatory bodies as below:
- Psychologist registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Occupational Therapist registered with the HCPC.
- A counsellor registered as an accredited practitioner with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- An accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist registered with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
- Mental Health Nurse registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
Be able to:
- Demonstrate a passion and an interest in empowering participants to effectively manage their mental health conditions to enable them to move closer to employment.
- Evidence use of the principles of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and/or, Motivational Interviewing and/or Brief Solution Focused Therapy approaches to a participant base.
- Show working knowledge of the biopsychosocial model of healthcare.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and manage a diverse range of clinical conditions.
- Evidence experience of facilitating health-related group interventions & managing participants with long term health conditions.
- Use electronic databases and diaries.
Extensive CPD support offered with respect to the following:
- Thorough induction and onward Learning and Development opportunities.
- Training on evidence based psychological skills with a focus on applied interventions.
- Annual personal development review.
- Health professional peer support network.
- Clinical supervision.
- Three days paid study leave.
- Development of leadership and management skills through our Leadership and Management programme.
- Funding for regulatory body registration and professional membership fees
Great company, contact us now for full job description!