Our client has advised that although this role will be varied, the position is to manage the occupational health (OH) team which is responsible for the efficient delivery of a full occupational health services to all new and existing clients.
This role is the key liaison with OHA and OHP as well as practical OH service delivery. The jobholder will manage develop and ensure the department is trained and accredited to deliver existing and new services.
- Managing the OHA/OHP teams
- Playing a strategic role in developing services
- Face to face contact with clients and sales to develop and deliver new services
- Conducting staff appraisals
- Remote case management
- Carrying out fit to work medicals
- Undertaking health surveillance
- Health promotion
- Administering vaccination programmes
- Wellbeing services
- Training services
Education, experience and knowledge:
- Current Registered General Nurse (RGN) qualification.
- Occupational Health qualification recorded on part 3 of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register (ideal but not essential)
- HAV’s Tier 3 qualified (or be willing to undertake the training for further qualification
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Ability to remain motivated in a challenging working environment
- Computer literate with good keyboard skills
- Work to own initiative