Pharmacist hours of work: 40 hours per week, rostered shift working including evenings and Saturdays in line with business needs.
Accountable to : Superintendent Pharmacist and Lead Pharmacist.
- To validate prescriptions legally
- Clinically screen, dispense, and check outpatient prescriptions
- To sort out clinical queries effectively with internal clients: doctors, in-patient pharmacists and other hospital staff
- Be professional and take all clinical and legal responsibilities of a pharmacist.
- To help manage and ensure the smooth running of the pharmacy in the absence of the Superintendent Pharmacist and Lead Pharmacist.
Pharmacist General Duties:
- To be the responsible Pharmacist (RP) whenever appropriate. The role of an RP is to secure the safe and effective running of the pharmacy when it is operational.
- To support in the service provision of the pharmacy, maintaining a high standard of professionalism and safety in accordance with legislation. GPhC legislation and recognised good practice.
- Counselling Patients about the use of their medicines and giving general information and advice about medicines.
- To provide professional advise and support to all staff working in UPL, to the hospital staff and patients, to ensure that legal and professional pharmaceutical requirements are adhered to. Acting as a role model for the pharmacists and pharmacy staff, and ensuring individuals clinical development needs are met.
Please apply or for further information please contact us now