Job Title - Physiotherapist - Specialist Clinical Services
Location - Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Type of Role - Locum Contract
End Employer - NHS
Band - 6
Hours - Full Time
Essential Requirements -
- You must be a HPC Registered Physiotherapist
- Please be aware that all candidates must hold the HCPC Registration.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK on a full time basis (minimum of 35 hours per week)
- You must hold a British Passport or a long term Visa that entitles you to work in the UK with no restrictions
- You will need a recognised Physiotherapy Degree
- Previous experience of working as a Physiotherapist is essential
- You must have a valid UK Driving Licence and be able to drive to and from patients home addresses.
You will assess clients with dementia living in care homes and provide a treatment plan that may cover falls risk and management, mobility promotion and manual handling. You will also provide exercise and mobility plans related to physical healthcare problems experienced by the client with dementia. You will manage/care coordinate a caseload. In addition to this you will provide advice, education and teaching sessions to providers of residential/nursing care for people with dementia.
Part of a multi-disciplinary Outreach Team which works with both Independent Sector and Statutory Sector providers of residential/nursing Care to Older People with dementia. To increase the capacity, confidence, competence and willingness of those organisations to provide the right level of care to this vulnerable client group and by doing so to increase standards of care, improve quality of life, increase independence and choice.
To provide skilled specialist staff to support older people with dementia and their carers in residential/nursing homes during times of crisis or difficulty, with the emphasis on improving quality of life and mental wellbeing