As a Screening Nurse you will be required to provide Occupational Health surveillance, screening and immunisation service under the direction of the Lead Nurse within a Hospital Occupational Health department to its staff in the Surrey area. The successful candidate must be well presented with excellent customer service and communication skills and able to independently assess and treat patients.
This role is a 6 month contract with 4/5 working days a week.
Screening Nurse- Main Duties
- Provide Occupational Health Surveillance, screening and Immunisation service to employees
- Health Surveillance- conducting Spirometry, Audiometry, HAV’s etc as required
- Screening Programmes- driver medicals, contact tracing, exposure to potentially toxic substances, drug & alcohol abuse, vision screening, needle stick checks etc
- Pre-employment Health assessments
Person Specification- Essential
- Registered General Nurse
- Minimum 3 years post registration experience
- Previous screening nurse experience preferable
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team remaining flexible and adaptable in all situations
- Up to date with Immunisation training, BLS and anaphylaxis training.
- Spirometry, audiometry experience an advantage
If you are an experience Screening Nurse looking for a change please contact me today as we are constantly getting a variety of roles in this Occupational Health field.