As a Screening Nurse you will be required to provide an occupational health surveillance, screening and immunisation service under the direction of the Lead Nurse within a Hospital OH department to its staff in the Shropshire area. This role is part time working 2 days a week. The successful candidate must be well presented with excellent customer service and communication skills and able to independently assess and treat patients.
Main Duties- Screening Nurse
- Provide Occupational Health Surveillance, screening and Immunisation service to employees
- Health Surveillance- conducting Spirometry, Audiometry, HAV’s etc as required
- Screening Programmes- driver medicals, contact tracing, exposure to potentially toxic substances, drug & alcohol abuse, vision screening, needle stick checks etc
- Pre-employment Health assessments
Person Specification- Essential
- Registered General Nurse
- Minimum 3 years post registration experience
- Previous screening nurse experience preferable
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team remaining flexible and adaptable in all situations
- Up to date with Immunisation training, BLS and anaphylaxis training.
- Spirometry, audiometry experience an advantage