Speech & Language Therapist
Salary £27,917 - £38,477
Full or Part Time considered
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join a team within a Trust that provides education, care, therapy, medical support and independence training to young people with physical disabilities . The SLT team are based on-site and work closely with educational, clinical and care staff. We work in a variety of ways across a School and College campus to meet the eating and drinking and communication needs of a complex caseload of students.
Job Purpose for The Speech & Language Therapist
- To be responsible for independently providing and managing the Speech and language therapy to a complex caseload of students with physical and/or learning impairments the School or college.
- To take key role in therapy-led clinical meetings as required, such as the Complex Access to technology Team (CAT Team), hidden Disabilities Team and Nutrition Support Team (NST)
- To run appropriate groups, (Such as social communication skills, City and Guilds, Dysarthria, and ACC Users Groups)
Responsibilities of the Speech & language Therapist
- The school and college are independent providers of specialist education, care and therapy to students with highly complex physical, neurological and learning difficulties. You will work to ensure the provision of the most appropriate speech and language therapy for all students and ensuring the delivery of a multidisciplinary emphasis on communication.
The post holder will:
- Be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis and management of the speech and language difficulties of a caseload of students, aged 2-25 years.
- Be required to lead work with multidisciplinary team, in order to provide the best possible SLT provision for the individual Circumstances.
Education & Qualifications for the Specialist Speech & language Therapist
- Degree/Diploma in Speech &Language Therapy
- Registered with RCLST
- Member of HCPC
Experience of the Speech & Language Therapist
- Evidence of multi-professional and multi-agency working
- Demonstrates highly specialist knowledge in relevant area of SLT, gained through experience and/or theoretical study
- Supervision and clinical education of students
- Term time only (paid monthly including throughout the holidays)
- Excellent opportunities to develop your experience working with complex special needs, including AAC and dysphagia
- Pension scheme, life insurance and critical illness cover
- Occupational health scheme
- HSF cash plan and Perkbox discount scheme
- Free wellbeing and social activities
Please apply with a CV