- To lead, motivate and supervise a team of qualified and support staff
- To demonstrate high standards of care and ensure this is continued by all staff
- Ensure patients get quality care by taking responsibility for driving up standards of care and leading work to improve professional practice and patient services
- To support staff in defining, setting, implementing and evaluating departmental objectives, which will complement the Centre’s strategic business plan and fulfil organisational requirements.
- To develop good communication networks and relationships at all levels within the team and with other departments, colleagues and patients.
- To ensure the Department and staff are, and continue to be, integrated into the main stream activities of the Centre.
- To make effective use of information technology systems in order to actively monitor and control day to day costs, and assist in the preparation of the theatre department’s annual budget.
- To exercise a high degree of problem solving, decision making and leadership skills and to take effective control in an emergency.
- To ensure good communication with consultants.
Prevent hospital acquired infections by ensuring that infection control measures are properly applied by all staff.
- Ensure departmental compliance with all relevant standards and integrated governance.
Actively participate in business planning and the development of the departments through both strategic and operational improvement and development.
To maintain departments within agreed budgetary levels
- To ensure resource management via temporary staff, maintenance requests, selection and ordering of equipment and supplies.
- Manage the performance of the unit against agreed Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain adequate staffing levels in relation to patient needs within the agreed establishment.
- Manage the personnel requirements of the departments with regard to staff selection, recruitment, development, deployment, performance review, absence management and disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- To ensure that staff understand and comply with the relevant Centre’s corporate guidelines and Health & Safety/COSHH regulations.
Our client have a very generous benefits package which includes: generous pension scheme, 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays), Private medical Healthcare, free parking and A free meal from our staff restaurant to name a few!