Anaesthetic Practitioner| Theatres | Band 6/7 depending on experience | Leeds| 37.5 with on-call commitment
Spire Leeds is looking for an experienced and motivated Anaesthetics Practitioner on a full time basis. It is expected that that post holder will working full time. We operate a 6 day a week service, therefore there will be some weekend work involved along with an on-call commitment.
Spire Leeds Hospital located in Roundhay, just ten minutes from Leeds City Centre and has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region’s largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with.
Duties and responsibilities
- The successful ODP or Nurse will prepare the operating theatre/anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum. You will run a theatre list without supervision and supervise / mentor junior staff (subject to experience) and perform anaesthetic duties. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills as the unit performs various surgical procedures ranging from General Surgery, Orthopaedic, ENT, Plastics and Ophthalmic.
Who we're looking for
- Qualified ODP/Nurse with an Anaesthetic Module
- NMC or HCPC registered with no restrictions on your pin.
- At least 1 year Anaesthetics experience
- Recovery experience is desirable
- Have been employed in a surgical/Theatre setting.
- You will be highly motivated and used to working in challenging but rewarding environment.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland