Cardiac Physiologist | Echocardiography | Competitive Salary dependent on experience | Sutton | Full Time |
Spire St Anthony Hospital is looking for an experienced Echo Cardiac Physiologist with BSE Accreditation to join our Cardiology Department in Sutton and work alongside the best consultants in the region. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding department that is working towards accreditation. The successful applicant will have a positive role to play in this development.
The hospital provides a full range of cardiology procedures and cardiac surgeries in both an inpatient and outpatient setting. In the role you will be working very closely with your team of cardiac physiologists, cardiac consultants and this will be predominantly in the outpatient department. You will contribute to the implementation and development of the cardiology service and apply patient technology for measurement, monitoring and treatment. You will promote excellent care and always strive for quality improvement. You will provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information and this will develop your own knowledge and skills and those of your team.
Founded in 1904, Spire St Anthony's Hospital delivers care through skilled and dedicated staff working together. We provide very high quality healthcare to patients around Sutton, Epsom, Surrey and South London. We have 5 theatres and two Cath labs coving a wide range of specialities and procedure including cardiology Ortho, Gynae and Cardiac. There is an ITU department providing care and accommodating more complex patients. We have a number of developmental training courses and progression opportunities available for our ambitious employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
Perform echocardiography investigations, which are complex and non-routine. Detail oriented thinking, interpersonal skills and technological aptitude.
- Undertake transthoracic echo examinations and reporting on the findings of these examination.
- Support Tran’s Oesophageal Echocardiograms in conjunction with our Cardiology consultant colleagues.
- Assist consultants undertaking stress echocardiograms.
- Assess patient’s health and wellbeing across a complex and changing caseload.
- Plan deliver and evaluate care to meet individual’s health and wellbeing needs
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information
Who we're looking for
- Degree in clinical physiology cardiology
- 3 years post graduate experience
- Echocardiography experience is mandatory
- BSE accreditation is mandatory
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.