Chemotherapy Nurse | Band 6 - dependent on experience | Monday to Friday | Havant | Access further education-after qualifying period
Are you an experienced chemotherapy nurse? Would you like a new opportunity to work within a small happy team in a unit with developmental opportunities? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Here at Spire Portsmouth we pride ourselves on the highest standards of care for our patients and the ability to dedicated time to ensuring our small-dedicated team supports all aspects of care. We work closely and flexibly with dynamic oncologists and haematologists in delivering a range of treatments to patients with breast, colorectal, prostate and haematological cancers. We also work closely with external organisations such as the Acute Trusts, Hospices and charities as well as internally with our other colleagues in pharmacy, radiology, outpatients, theatre and the ward.
Spire Portsmouth Hospital holds a long standing reputation for providing high quality, comprehensive private hospital care. Our facilities are excellent and the hospital is staffed by a valued team of highly skilled professionals. We provide a dynamic and stimulating environment for highly motivated nurses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patient assessment
- Organisation of certain parts of the cancer journey
- Cannulation and delivery of chemotherapy
- Patient/relative/ carer support, education and delivery of information
- Supporting outpatient oncology clinics where bad news may be delivered
- Working as a part of team to promote the survivorship initiative
- Working with external organizations required to ensure best outcomes for patients
- Referral of patients to other services
Who we are looking for:
- Registered Nurse
- Qualified in venepuncture and cannulation and the use of CVAD’s with evidence of regular competency assessment
- Qualified in the Safe handling and administration of SACT (accredited course) with evidence of regular competency assessment
- Work with minimum supervision within a nurse led environment
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient case mixes in individuals with a cancer diagnosis
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.