Clinical Case Manager - £30,000 – £35,000 Taunton , Somerset
Starting salary from £30,000, however can be discussed depending on skills and experience and will increase after successful completion of probation.
The role is full time 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00 with flexible working patterns available.
Our client are a long established, successful and growing medical insurer based in Taunton, Somerset. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service and these values mean that our business has never been better. Our award-winning success is down to our fantastic team, and we are passionate about rewarding everyone which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package along with training and support towards the future you want.
As a result of our success and growth, we are looking to expand our Centre of Clinical Excellence (CCE) team.
The team and role:
CCE have a variety of medical and clinical experience, such as paramedics, radiographers and nurses, which allows us to provide exceptional support to customers who have been diagnosed with complex medical conditions, such as cancer. The team provide a single point of contact for customers to discuss their ongoing treatment and we support them for as long as they need us through their treatment journey. We also liaise with healthcare professionals and hospitals to ensure we have the information we need about these complex medical claims. Our Chief Medical Officer and other Medical Advisers (all practising specialists in the NHS and private sector) are on hand to support the team with complex cases, to ensure our customers can access the very best treatment.
If you are a healthcare professional with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the healthcare sector, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you to utilise and retain your skills and experience, to help support our customers and their families when they need us the most.
The successful candidate will have a willingness to act as front-line support to our customers via all communication channels, including email and telephone with some of the main aspects of the role including;
• Being a part of the whole customer pathway, proactively assessing the eligibility for the customer to use their policy and pre authorise or decline treatment in line with their policy rules
• Signposting where required to enable access to other eligible services through the customers policy
• Use clinical skills to make decisions on highly complex treatment eligibility e.g. levels of care, hospital length of stay and treatment options
• Work proactively with providers to support timely hospital discharges and ensure care is appropriate to need and eligible under their policy
• Maintain up to date and accurate knowledge of current best practice and clinical guidelines to ensure all decisions are appropriately made
• Escalation point for other business areas for clinically complex cases and clinical case management support
• Maintain up to date and accurate knowledge of appropriate WPA products, policies, and initiatives to ensure that all queries are answered accurately
What we can offer:
We offer a fantastic contemporary working environment along with a wide range of benefits, which includes free onsite parking and a non-contractual annual bonus.