Oncology Lead | Spire The Montefiore | Band 6/7 equivalent | Full time| Permanent
We are pleased to announce a new opportunity for an Oncology Lead to join our Spire The Montefiore Hospital in Hove, on a full time permanent basis.
To provide exemplary planned care for cancer patients undergoing systemic anti-cancer therapies (SACT). Lead specialist in the area of SACT providing specialist education and undertaking research and audit in the field of cancer care.
To ensure the team deliver effective quality care and adhere to safety compliance for patients with cancer by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership.
To provide advice and support to other staff in the department and support the Macmillan Specialist Cancer Pathways Manager in the overall management of the healthcare environment hospital wide.
To deputise for the Macmillan Specialist Cancer pathways Manager as required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop practice in assessing and addressing health and well being needs within SACT/ cancer services
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive, or contentious information across cancer services
- Develop own knowledge and practice, and assist others to continually professionally develop across cancer services
- Develop and improve a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security, and Spire Healthcare cancer services
- Delegate work to others
- Determine the effective use of efficient use of physical and financial resources
- Undertake Human Resource activities for all members of the team
- Assist with research and development and its dissemination within cancer services
- Plan, monitor and quality assure the application of technology for measurement, monitoring and treatment
- Lead the oncology/chemotherapy service against Spire key performance indicators, ensuring the efficient running of the department
- Promote and maintain a close working relationship with the NHS Oncology Services to ensure standardisation and sharing in terms of cancer MDT, education and resources
- Contribute to local MDT provision in order to comply with the Spire Cancer Standards
- Seek and employ innovative methods of improving service delivery in line with the 5 CQC Key Lines of Enquiry
- To ensure that Clinical Governance and risk management are embedded within daily practice
Who we're looking for:
- Previous experience as a Registered Nurse with a proven background in oncology/chemotherapy, ideally within a day case chemotherapy environment
- Recognised qualification and competency in the delivery of SACT
- Recognised or working towards qualification in Independent prescribing
- Evidence of substantial post registration continual professional development in management and clinically related cancer studies
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.