Orthopaedic Scrub Theatre Practitioner | 37.5 per week| Monday – Friday | Occasional Saturdays | Band 5/6 Depending on Experience | Spire Norwich | £3000 Joining Bonus Include
Spire Norwich has an exciting opportunity for an Orthopaedic Scrub Practitioner to join their busy well established theatre department.
Spire Norwich Hospital holds a long-standing reputation for providing high quality, comprehensive private hospital care. Our facilities are excellent and the hospital is staffed by a valued team of highly skilled professionals. We have 4 theatres, 2 wards, comprising of 50 beds, and deliver a range of outpatient services through our busy and dynamic outpatient and diagnostic imaging departments providing a progressive and stimulating environment for our highly motivated team.
The Hospital covers a wide variety of surgical procedures, you will support in assessing patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient’s needs. You will actively promote best practice and contribute towards quality improvements, collect collate and organise data, interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, making this available to relevant others.
This post attracts bonus premium of £3,000. £1,000 after successful probation then a further 1,000 at the end of each year for the 2 years. (Terms & Conditions apply)
Duties and responsibilities
- Caring for patients undergoing procedures
- Providing exemplary planned care for patients within the perioperative stage
- Assisting in the management and organisation of care provision within the Scrub/Recovery team in the operating department
- Acting as either Scrub/Recovery Practitioner across a range of clinical specialities.
- Working across multi-disciplinary teams
- Assessing patient needs, implementing and evaluating their care.
Who we're looking for:
- You will be a HCPC registered ODP or an NMC registered Nurse with no restrictions
- At least 3 years Orthopaedics Scrubbing experience
- Excellent communication and organisation is key to continue our high standards of patient care.
- You will be working on rotation in different specialities and flexibility is required
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.