Duties and responsibilities
- To contribute to the Governance Team and work closely with Head of Governance, Quality and Risk in promoting patient safety, clinical quality and the Clinical Governance strategy within the hospital.
- Lead on developing and implementing patient safety systems, processes and initiatives in line with national and organisational needs. This includes, but is not limited to the incident investigation processes, Duty of Candour, Safety Alerts, feedback and mechanisms around lessons learnt.
- Act as lead investigator on complex/serious incident investigations as required and ensure investigations carried out are appropriately allocated, investigated and acted upon by trained and objective staff to improve patient/staff safety and ensure good governance. Provide expert advice to investigations as required.
- Promote a systems approach to incident investigations. The ‘systems’ approach underpins the NHS Patient Safety Strategy (July 2019) including the new Patient Safety Incident Response Framework and A Just Culture Guide
- Lead on or support patient safety improvement projects using project management methodology as required
- Support local monitoring systems to ensure compliance with national standards (including CQC).
- Develop and deliver education programmes for patient safety, including: incident investigations methodologies, Duty of Candour/Being Open principles, local and corporate induction and other training needs that may arise
- Provide expert advice on all aspects of patient safety and CQC Standards as they relate to patient safety
- Deputise for the Head of Clinical Governance, Quality and Risk as required
- To take active role in ensuring compliance with all hospital regulatory requirements and ensuring compliance to Spire governance, audit and risk management.
- To promote excellent clinical leadership in all areas of the hospital. To promote excellent customer service throughout the hospital, facilitating and co-ordinating corporate and local customer service initiatives and providing appropriate support to colleagues.
- To provide support for all aspects of the role promoting optimal clinical standards, and contributing to being the leading private healthcare provision within the locality.
- To contribute to effective and timely lines of communication within the hospital
- To support the Hospital Director with hospital strategic and operational management of risk and all related systems and initiatives for the hospital with the aim of ensuring the provision of high quality safe care and services at all times.
- Assist in the coordination, implementation and delivery of the Spire Healthcare Risk Management Strategies at the facility.
- Assist in the implementation of HS 28 Risk Assessment Policy and FIN 03 Risk Management Policy with Spire Healthcare facilities
Who we're looking for
- Able to demonstrate continuous professional development
- Track record of successful delivery in an audit, risk and governance role in the healthcare sector
- Auditing skills across clinical standards and departments Experience of producing reports and presentations
- Experience of risk management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including listening skills.
- Able to challenge in a constructive way
- Able to build a relationship with range of stakeholders
- Influencing skills
- Able to manage conflict and negotiate outcomes
- IT literate and a competent user of the MS Office suite of products with excellent keyboard skills Excellent report writing skills Proactive and able to self- motivate but also work as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with excellent organisational skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.