Perioperative Practitioner | Anaesthetics | Band 5/6 dependent on experience | Norwich | Full Time | No Nights | £2000 Joining Bonus Included (Subject to T&C’S)
Spire Norwich Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an all theatre Practitioners to join their warm and supportive team.. We prefer our theatre staff to be as mutli-skilled as possible, so ideally you will be able to work across scrub, anaesthetics and/or recovery, but many of our staff specialise in just one or two areas. Most importantly our theatre staff are experienced in a variety of surgical procedures, or are willing to learn new procedures and techniques under expert supervision.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will support across a variety of operations including Orthopaedics, joint replacements, Plastics, Gyne, ENT, general and ophthalmic.
- Funded CPD and SFA courses.
- Prepare patients for surgery
- Review patient charts and confirm data
- Ensure medical equipment needed for surgery available
- Pass medical equipment/s to the surgeon
- Monitor patient's condition during surgery
- Cover Anaesthetic duties as and when required
- Supporting patients through their recovery period post-surgery
.Who we're looking for
- Registered Nurse or ODP with experience in either scrub, anaesthetic or recovery.
- Experience of working in teams and with minimum supervision
- Competence across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration/practitioner qualification
- Excellent communication skills
If you are willing and driven to succeed, we offer you the opportunity to train in other specialist areas such as orthopaedics and undergo career development courses such as the SFA, all fully funded by Spire Healthcare.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.